We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Guiainfantil.com brings you the recipe for the so-called capon to free-range chicken. Its meat is tender and tasty, very suitable for preparing children, whether it is stuffed or roasted. Very typical of the Spanish region of Navarra, it is one of the traditional Christmas recipes.
To make your dinner a success, we offer you here a very tasty recipe with which to succeed at your Christmas dinner. This chicken stuffed with chestnuts and apples will be tender and with a very original flavor.
- 1 whole capon of approx. 2.5 kg.
- 3 Golden apples
- 6 red onions +1 (for the sauce)
- 1 can of chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 25 gr. butter or margarine
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 300 ml. broth
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- Salt, pepper and cinnamon
1. Season the capon outside and inside with spices, salt and pepper.
2. Peel and cut the apples into chunks to fill the capon.
3. Sew the openings to prevent the apples from falling out during cooking; and tie the wings and thighs with a fine thread to prevent the capon from deforming. Chop the skin with a toothpick so that the fat can come out and do not crack.
5. Put the capon in a deep dish with a little olive oil and bake it for an hour at 180ºC, sprinkling it often with the cooking juice.
6. After half an hour, lower the degrees to 150ºC and surround the capon with the chopped and seasoned onions. Leave another 75 minutes, basting it from time to time, and when the capon is well browned, remove almost all the fat from the pan.
7. While the meat finishes baking, form a caramel with the butter or margarine and sugar in a frying pan. Pour this mixture over the chestnuts to make them caramelize.
8. In a saucepan put the onion, the wine and the broth. Let it cook until a consistent sauce forms.
9. Serve the capon surrounded by the caramelized chestnuts and the sauce in a separate bowl so that each diner can serve to taste.
Consulted source: cocinandopasoapaso
You can read more articles similar to Capon stuffed with chestnuts and apples for Christmas, in the category of Meats on site.